rigid inflatable boat insurance

Thread: Leaking Bow Tube

Default Leaking Bow Tube

I have a Mercury - PT-750 inflatable and the bow tube leaks and deflates, see pictures. Repaired twice - most recently arranged by Mercury itself - but it still deflates (see video). Has anyone also experienced this problem and if so how
    was it fixed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PT750 #1.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	1202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pt750 #2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	1203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pt750 #3.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	1204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pt750 #4.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	1205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pt 750 #5.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	1206  

Blog Entries

From viewing the video it's quite clear that the repair has only been to the rubbing strake not to the inflatable sponson. To effect this repair the rubbing strake needs to be removed from the whole area affected and the inflatable tube directly repaired. The simple bubble test should then be carried out to confirm a satisfactory fix before the rubbing strake is attached. Whoever did the repair has very little idea of how to fix these things. I've never seen before such a badly repaired sponson.
    Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand!
    Ribs for Sale

I found a RIB manufacturer from Massachusetts called RIBCRAFT USA and asked if they might want to take on the task of trying to repair the tubes on my Mercury / Valiant RIB, to which they replied, of course, it is our business.
    After delivering the boat to their manufacturing facility in Marblehead, Mass., they gave me a reasonable quote and stuck to it.
    After almost 60 hours of labor and about $8K, the boat tubes were completely overhauled, refurbished and rebuilt. Once the final detailing of the boat and tubes was done, my Mercury RIB looked brand new again.
    It is now a “must see” on the water!

Blog Entries

tbaker, welcome to our forum and thanks for your information in regard to your re-tubing. I've had dealings with the Ribcraft guys at Massachusetts and found them to be very professional and helpful.
    Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand!
    Ribs for Sale

It is suggested to get some spare materials and cement or glue to repair it.
    Zorb Ball, Bubble Soccer, Walking Ball, Water Roller, Human Hamster Ball Manufacturer Vano Inflatables Industrial Limited at www.zorbramp.com, www.zorbing-balls.com