rigid inflatable boat insurance

Thread: Spring is coming

Default Spring is coming

Well Spring is really on the way. I suppose some of you guys have been ribbing through the winter. Others probably about to clear the leaves and cobwebs from the deck ect . service the engine and away to start the season

I for one have been ribbing , time permitting, most weekends through the winter. Being based on the South Coast that has not been a problem.

Anybody else been winter ribbing?

Yep, been out a few times. Pwllheli to Port Dinorwic early November and then on the Menai Striats for a night trip in December. Then took a short trip round Anglesey early February. I hope to do Conwy to Pwllheli in the next couple of weeks to start serious boating at Easter back in Cardigan Bay.

There are a number of ribs at Littlehampton Marina mostly belonging to diving clubs. Some go out all year round and really I just can't understand what drives them to dive in the winter. I suppose they think the same about us ribbing. Anyway there are four of us at LAmpton with large ribs and together with our families we have been ribbing throughout the winter. We made a few trips to the IOW even staying overnight in Cowes. Having to pass Selsy Bill is not always the best thing specially when it get rough. But hey that is what ribbing is all about. Go places where hard boaters can only dream of

At the end of the month we are all moving to Chichester Marina. No more Selsy Bill no more worrying about getting back in time before the low water or the closure time of the marina. Solent here we come. Easter accomodation bookings in Cowes have already been made.